Waterfront Toronto Announces Shortlist of Proponents for the Quayside Development Opportunity
MVRDV, Alison Brooks, Foster + Partners among architects competing to design former Sidewalk Labs parcel in Toronto.
Waterfront Toronto has announced the selection of four shortlisted teams to compete in designing Quayside, a 12-acre parcel on Toronto’s waterfront that was previously the site for a smart-city prototype district led by Google-affiliate Sidewalk Labs.
In May, ten compliant submissions for the Quayside Development Opportunity Request for Qualifications were received. “The number and quality of submissions is a clear indication that Toronto’s waterfront remains a desirable development destination, and that Quayside can and will contribute to the province’s post-pandemic recovery,” writes Waterfront Toronto.
Following the evaluation of the ten (10) RFQ submissions received, four Proponent teams were selected to proceed to the Request for Proposals stage. They are:
Hines Canada Management II ULC
- Lead Architect: Foster + Partners
- Lead Developer: Hines Canada with Tridel Builders Inc.
KMT Quayside Developments Inc.
- Lead Architect: MVRDV, Cobe
- Lead Developer: Kilmer, Mattamy and Tricon
Quayside Impact LP
- Lead Architect: Adjaye Associates, Alison Brooks Architects, Henning Larsen
- Lead Developer: Dream Unlimited Corp. and Great Gulf
The Daniels Corporation and Hullmark Developments Ltd.
- Lead Architect: Diamond Schmitt Architects Inc.
- Lead Developer: The Daniels Corporation and Hullmark Developments
The Shortlisted Proponents are being invited to respond to a Request for Proposals (RFP). Waterfront Toronto anticipates that the Preferred Proponent will be identified by the end of 2021.