Upcoming panel on architect-developer innovations in Toronto announced
Shimmerman Penn presents its 6th annual AED Event on November 5th, from 8 am – 10:30 am at the Gardiner Museum.
The event is titled “Creating and Sustaining Momentum in Toronto: Assessing outcomes and planning for a visionary future.”
The success of the Pan Am Games and Waterfront Toronto’s development programs has led to a new openness toward cultural, event and design spending that is of great benefit to the city’s public realm. The question is, now what? How can the city capitalize on these successes in a way that sustains an upward trajectory?
John Campbell, President and CEO of Waterfront Toronto will present a keynote speech. His presentation will be followed by a panel featuring:
- Nicola Casciato, Principal, WZMH Architects
- Peter Clewes, Principal, architectsAlliance
- Tim Jones, President & CEO, Artscape
- Richard Joy, Executive Director, Urban Land Institute
- Mazyar Mortazavi, President & CEO, TAS Developments
Moderator: Elsa Lam, Editor, Canadian Architect magazine
The panel will explore:
- What kinds of partnerships entice developers looking toward long-term sustainability
- How technology-driven design is benefitting physical and social connectivity
- The impact of long term design planning
- How firms can approach the bid process in a way that encourages creative thinking and innovation
- Inspiring examples of cities that are succeeding from a design point of view
- How firms can apply and successfully scale-up their innovative design thinking
- The developer / architect relationship – how each can benefit from close collaboration
Registration is $50 for the first registrant from a firm and $35 for subsequent firm members. More information is available here.