This Is Not A Toy Kickstarter campaign in support of the Design Exchange
This Is Not A Toy, presented by the Design Exchange and guest curator/music icon Pharrell Williams, celebrates urban vinyl as design and art form. World-renowned international works, from the likes of KAWS and Takashi Murakami, and pieces from the collaborations and personal collection of singer, songwriter and producer Pharrell Williams, are slated to arrive in Toronto, but the DX needs your help.
As a not-for-profit museum, the Design Exchange is challenged with bringing leading avant-garde programming to Toronto on minimal budgets. Receiving no government funding, the DX is tasked with making design relevant and accessible to the public, while relying solely on the support of corporate sponsors and members, individual donors, and charitable foundations for its annual operating budget.
Pharrell is generously donating his time, items from his collection and his personal creative efforts to support the exhibition so that the DX can bring you the most exciting spread of urban vinyl and contemporary art imaginable. Join the Kickstarter community today, support innovative programming, and add a piece of contemporary art to your collection!
This project will only be funded via Kickstarter if the Design Exchange can raise $75,000 by December 26, 2013. Your support in bringing this exhibition to Toronto is invaluable.
* exhibition catalogue (digital download and hard copy available, and Pharrell-signed editions are also available!
* limited-edition This Is Not A Toy tote bag by Blok Design
* exhibition passes (pairs & family packs)
* opening night party tickets
* family Munny DIY workshop passes
* one-year DX membership
* custom 7″ Munny from interactive exhibition Installation—the show where visitors are the artists!
* custom 18″ Mega Munny from a leading Canadian artist/designer
* original sketches by Coarse
* exhibition patronage: name placement in the exhibition at the DX
* tickets to DX unscripted and private reception at the Templar Hotel
For more information, or to pledge, please visit http://kck.st/1bSukPS.