The OAA’s 2010 People’s Choice Award
The Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) encourages everyone to participate in determining this year’s People’s Choice Award. Encourage your family, friends and colleagues to take part.
You can now go online at www.oaa.on.ca and click on the People’s Choice 2010 logo. Look through the images of all of the selected 15 Design Excellence Award winners. These buildings and environments were chosen by a panel of distinguished jurors who evaluated each submission on how it best addressed any or all of the following criteria:
* Creativity: the innovative and groundbreaking nature of the design solution
* Context: the contribution a project makes to its unique location, neighbouring uses and community building
* Program: the role played by the architect in defining and addressing unique aspects of the project
* Environment: the contribution the project makes to a sustainable environment
* Good Design is Good Business: the degree to which the project demonstrates the principles of “Good Design is Good Business” by creatively supporting the business and architectural goals of the client
* Legacy: the contribution of the project in establishing a new benchmark for architectural excellence
Then choose your favourite; to cast your vote, “drag and drop” the boxes into any position to organize your favourite entries. The project with the most votes will be declared the People’s Choice Award winner and announced at the Celebration of Excellence Awards Ceremony taking place on May 7, 2010 as part of the 2010 OAA Conference in Windsor, Ontario.
Hurry, voting is open until April 9, 2010 at 4:30 pm EST.
The OAA Awards offer the Ontario architectural profession an annual opportunity to present its best work to a public and professional audience. This year, the OAA received 168 submissions.