September 7 entry deadline for Ontario Wood Design Awards
Time is running out to submit project nominations for the 2018 Wood WORKS! Ontario Wood Design Awards. This high profile annual event celebrates innovative structural and architectural uses of wood and provides an opportunity for architects, engineers, designers, builders and project owners to showcase their projects.
For 2018, the Ontario Wood Design Awards categories are:
Ontario Mass Timber Award || Environmental Wood Design Award || Interior Wood Design Award || Mid-Rise Wood Design Award || Institutional Wood Design >$15M |Institutional Wood Design <$15M || Commercial Wood Design Award || Northern Ontario Excellence Award || Jury’s Choice Award || Designer/Builder Award || Wood Champion Award
Submissions for this year’s Ontario Wood Design Awards are due by September 7, with a new and simplified online application system debuted this year. Please note the following rules and regulations:
- Projects must be located in Ontario, Canada. Projects located outside of Ontario will be deleted from the submissions.
- Projects completed within three years of the submission deadline date will be accepted.
- Any individual project can be nominated to only 2 categories maximum so please note the category criteria.
- Residential buildings will only be accepted in the Residential category.
- Wood must be used in structural applications, with the exception of the Interior Design category.
- If photography requires additional credits it is the responsibility of the nominator to provide this information.
- Re submissions are allowed, but only in the year directly following their original submission.
More information about this year’s WOOD Works! Ontario Wood Design Awards is available via the WOOD Works! website, which also features a direct link for 2018 submissions, found here.