Saskatchewan’s Biennial Design Week Returns
October 18 kicks off Saskatchewan Design Week, a biennial event organized by the Design Council of Saskatchewan, with a series of public events that highlight professional design.
From October 18th to the 25th, guests are given the opportunity to learn about the different areas of design through free lectures, lunch+learns, tours and more in Regina and Saskatoon.
The lineup of speakers participating in this year’s event include:
- Deirdre Harris, Senior Associate Architect and Landscape Designer at DNCA Architects
- Graeme Zirk, an Illustrator, Artist and Graphic Designer with absolutely nothing to lose
- Jason Thorne, who in his role as General Manager of Planning and Economic Development has helped lead and urban renaissance for the City of Hamilton
- Pat Hanson, founding Partner of gh3* whose award winning architectural work includes Canada’s first chemical free outdoor pool
- Sarah Gajadhar, System’s Engineer of world class astronomical observatories and telescopes, and
- Stanley Sun, Interior Designer at Mason Studio, an award winning design firm recently shortlisted for a World of Interiors Award.
The week concludes with the 2019 Premier’s Awards of Excellence in Design Gala, recognizing great design work completed in the province.
The full schedule of events can be found at designcouncil.sk.ca/events