Retrofitting and Planning Sustainable Suburbs Summit
Retrofitting and Planning Sustainable Suburbs is a new summit in a series of prestigious annual events designed to help municipalities, provinces, architects, and planners develop and improve the urban quality of life by bringing together key knowledge leaders from around the world. It brings peers together to share challenges and successes, and to give all cities and towns in Canada a clearer vision of how they can make their communities a better place to live. Control sprawl, create TOD, retrofit suburban forms, combat NIMBYism, and increase tax revenue.
The event takes place from Tuesday, November 3 to Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at the Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville in Toronto; you can earn 15 OAA core learning credits while hearing from the following leaders:
* Ellen Dunham-Jones, Associate Professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology, and author of Retrofitting Suburbia
* David Sisam, Principal, Montgomery Sisam
* Ralph Giannone, Partner, Giannone Petricone Associates
* Dave Moore, Partner, pellow + associates architects
* Greg Ault, Principal, EDAW, Miami Beach, Florida
Leading case studies include: Sydney, Australia; Charlotte, North Carolina; Mississauga, Ontario; Don Mills, Ontario; MetroWest, Virginia; Carrollton, Texas; Southlands, British Columbia; Oakville, Ontario and many more….
Register before October 23rd and qualify for a special $50 discount. Mention code 9027-50R6.
For more information, please visit www.strategyinstitute.com/110309_rpss/dsp.php