RAIC hosts August 21 national forum in Vancouver
The leadership of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) invites you to a national forum in Vancouver on August 21 to explore challenges, opportunities, and new directions for architecture in British Columbia and Canada.
This special event takes place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at UBC Robson Square Theatre, 800 Robson Street. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Your hosts are RAIC President Michael Cox, FRAIC, RAIC Chief Executive Officer Mike Brennan, and RAIC Vice President of National Affairs, Giovanna Boniface.
The session is open to RAIC members, non-members, members of the public, media and anyone with an interest in architecture. It is free of charge. Topics will include:
- news from the Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC);
- a new insurance program for architects;
- a national architecture policy;
- a new approach for RAIC chapters, committees, and task forces with a regional focus and national mandate;
- regional advocacy issues;
- the 2019 Festival of Architecture;
The event will also feature a panel discussion on the future of architecture. Panelists include:
- Mark Vernon, Chief Executive Officer, Architectural Institute of British Columbia;
- Jennifer Cutbill, MRAIC, Vancouver architect and RAIC Regional Director for British Columbia/Yukon;
- Darryl Condon, FRAIC, Managing Partner of Vancouver-based HCMA Architecture + Design;
- Michael Cox, FRAIC, RAIC President and architect based in Brandon, MB;
- Mike Brennan, Chief Executive Officer, RAIC.
The forum is the first in a series. The RAIC President Michael Cox and RAIC CEO Mike Brennan will be traveling to several stops across Canada to hear from members of the architecture community, including architects, graduate architects, regulators, educators, stakeholders, as well as community leaders.
Your input and participation are important. Please join us for a thought-provoking, enjoyable and inspiring day.
Registration for the RAIC national forum is available here.