Call For Submissions: 2020 National Urban Design Awards
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC), the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP), and the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA) are pleased to announce that entries are now being accepted for the 2020 National Urban Design Awards (NUDA).
The deadline to submit online is December 19, 2019.
Winners in the 2019 municipal competitions are invited to submit to the National Urban Design Awards. There is no entry fee for municipal award winners, simply the requirement to submit the projects according to the prescribed format.
Projects in other communities across Canada are also eligible. Architects, planners, landscape architects, and designers may apply directly to the National Urban Design Awards program.
A jury of experts will assess entries in the following categories:
Urban design plans:
- A plan or study of a significant area within a Canadian municipality that provides a development or redevelopment strategy for inspired urban transformation in the mid-to-long-term.
- A building (or group of buildings) of high architectural standards that achieves urban design excellence through its relationship with its immediate surroundings, massing, and pedestrian amenities.
Civic design projects
- Civic improvement projects such as a park, public space, civil engineering or environmental infrastructure, street furniture, and lighting implemented as the result of an urban design plan or initiative.
- Single, small-scale pieces of a building or landscape that contribute to the quality of the public realm.
Community initiatives award:
- This category is for any built project initiated or implemented by a community-based organization that has enhanced the public realm.
- Student projects are administered through participating Canadian Universities , who select projects from students enrolled in accredited programs in architecture, landscape architecture, or urban planning.
In addition, there will be two special jury awards selected from submissions received in the Sustainable Development Award and Small or Medium Community Urban Design Award categories.
Click here for more information and to submit a project.