August 11, 2015
by Canadian Architect
Nominations of new RAIC Fellows are now welcome to be submitted by e-mail to the Chairman of your regional committee for review; hard-copy signatures on letters can be replaced with electronic signatures. Hard-copy nominations will also be accepted.
Should you need further details of the process of bestowing Fellowship, please call 613.241.3600 x214, fax 613.241.5750 or e-mail [email protected].
“A Fellow is a Member of the Institute who has achieved professional eminence or has rendered distinctive service to the profession or to the community at large. Nomination and advancement to Fellowship is administered by the College. A Member must have been a member of the Institute for at least five years prior to nomination as a Fellow. Fellowship is bestowed for life and is one of the highest honours the Institute can confer upon a Member.”
(Clause 3.2.1 Extracted from the College of Fellows Rules and Regulations, Clauses 6.3.l – 6.3.12, amended by the College of Fellows, June 2, 2001)
Fellowship will be bestowed in recognition of achievements of excellence in architecture on the basis of the following criteria: design excellence represented by past awards; outstanding scholarly contribution represented by research, publications, and education; or distinguished service to the profession or the community.
- Nomination for Fellowship is CONFIDENTIAL. All nominators are requested to maintain confidentiality.
- Five members (at least one of whom must be a Fellow) are required for each nomination. One of the nominators should be designated as the “primary nominator” and shall ensure all documentation is submitted correctly to the Regional Chair in the region in which the nominee normally resides. (NOTE: No two nominators may be from the same architectural firm or faculty. A member may only support one nomination in a given year.)
- All nominators must be members in good standing of the RAIC, must support only one nominee, and the candidate must both be a member in good standing and have been a member of the RAIC for at least five years prior to nomination as a Fellow.
- The primary nominator shall provide a curriculum vitae of the nominee and a 250-word citation, in Word (.DOC) format, for the nominee suitable for publication in the Convocation booklet.
- Each nominator, including the primary nominator, shall write a letter bearing his/her signature (if sent by email, electronic signature is required). This letter is addressed to the RAIC College of Fellows, National Committee and attests “to their intimate knowledge of the good works and the character of their nominee”.
- Documentation required, submitted electronically:
- A) A completed nomination form indicating all five nominators—identifying the “Primary Nominator”;
- B) Five signed letters in support of the nomination, one from each nominator;
- C) Curriculum vitae for nominee;
- D) 250-word citation suitable for publication in Convocation booklet. This must be provided in electronic Word format.
- October 30th, 2015 is the deadline for receipt of nominations.
For more information, please visit https://raic.org/raic/nomination-members-fellowship.