Nomination period extended for Ontario Green Building Awards
The Ontario Green Building Excellence and Leadership Awards are still open for nominations, with the nomination deadline recently extended to August 31st. This awards program recognizes outstanding projects, organizations and individuals that have demonstrated excellence and advancement in the green building industry in Ontario. Award winners will be announced on November 1st at the CaGBC Ontario Awards Night and Gala Celebration at the Arcadian Court in Toronto.
The 4 open Green Building Excellence Awards for projects are:
- New Construction – Commercial or Institutional
- Existing Building – Commercial or Institutional
- Inspiring Home Award (includes multi-family)
- Tenant Improvement
The 6 open Leadership Awards are:
- Inspired Educator
- Emerging Green Leader
- Green Building Champion
- Government Leadership
- Green Building Pioneer
- Chapter Volunteer
Please note that the Zero Carbon and Technical Expertise Volunteer categories are not currently open to nominations.
- Award recipients must be either a Green Building Specialist or Advocate member company of the CaGBC or an Individual Member (including EGP) of the Greater Toronto Chapter or Ottawa Chapter.
- Only one lead submission (with one Fluid Review account) per project will be accepted. If multiple entries are received for the same project, we reserve the right to require a collaborative submission.
Please note that Green Building Excellence award categories have specific project completion date requirements:
- New Construction – Commercial or Institutional: Projects completed after Jan 1, 2016
- Existing Building – Commercial or Institutional: Projects completed before Jan 1, 2016
- Inspiring Homes: Projects completed after Jan 1, 2016
- Tenant Improvement: Projects completed after Jan 1, 2016
Submissions will be accepted only for projects in Ontario.
More information about this year’s Ontario Green Building Excellence and Leadership Awards — including a link to nominate projects and individuals for consideration — is available via the Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC) website, linked here.