National winners of Migrating Landscapes competition for the Venice Biennale recently announced
The national winners of the Migrating Landscapes competition were recently announced to a crowd of 250 people at the opening reception of the National Exhibition of Migrating Landscapes at the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
Eighteen individual and team entries were selected:
* Amirali Javidan from BC
* Mira Yung + IMu Chan from BC
* Olena Chytra + Philipp Dittus + Alana Green + Katy Young from BC
* D’Arcy Jones with Amanda Kemeny, Daan Murray and Melani Pigat from BC
* Tiffany Shaw-Collinge from Alberta
* April Hiebert + Brad Pickard + Robyn Robertson + Mark Sin + Victoria Yong-Hing from Saskatchewan
* Jason Hare from Manitoba
* Travis Cooke + Jason Kun from Manitoba
* Andre Silva + Chris Gilmour + Kory Kaspersion from Manitoba
* Andrew Batay-Csorba + Jodi Batay-Csorba from Ontario
* Erica Pecoskie + George Simionopoulos from Ontario
* Kfir Gluzberg + Liana Bresler from Ontario
* Enrique Enriquez from Quebec
* Felix Tue from Quebec
* Jean-Nicolas Bouchard & Philippe Charest from Quebec
* Anca Matiyku + Chad Connery from Quebec
* Marianna de Cola from the Atlantic Region
* Stephen Kopp, Monica Adair, John Leroux, Jessie Croll, Alicia Halas + Acre Architects from the Atlantic Region
Special thanks to the national jury of Eleanor Bond, Ian Chodikoff, Anne Cormier, Bruce Kuwabara, and John Patkau.
Together with organizers and curators 5468796 Architecture + Jae-Sung Chon, these 18 winning entries will form Canada’s official entry at the 2012 Venice Biennale in Architecture (August 29 – November 25).
The winners have already been the focus of several news sources, in the Toronto Star, and twice in the Winnipeg Free Press.
For more information and images of the winning entries please visit http://migratinglandscapes.ca/competition and scroll down.
The announcement wraps up the hugely successful seven-city Canadian tour of Migrating Landscapes. Now the young architectural “Team Canada” urgently needs your help to get to Venice! Please help Canada’s national champions with a donation of $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 or more! All funds will go directly to supporting Migrating Landscapes in Venice, including exhibition transportation and installation costs, promotion, reception and team travel costs.
Donate now online or by contacting the RAIC’s Venice Biennale Project Manager, Sascha Hastings, at [email protected]. All donors receive visibility on the exhibition sponsor wall in the Canada Pavilion in Venice, as well as a charitable tax receipt from the RAIC Foundation.
A big thank you from the Migrating Landscapes Organizer (5468796 Architecture + Jae-Sung Chon) and the 18 young national winners to all sponsors and donors for your generosity and support of this landmark project that showcases new work by young Canadian architects and designers at the world’s most important architecture exhibition!