IDC Value of Design Awards accepting entries for 2019
As the national association advocating for the interior design profession in Canada, the Interior Designers of Canada (IDC) has established an awards program to promote the value of interior design across the country. IDC’s Value of Design Awards (VODA) shine a spotlight on Canadian interior designers by providing a forum to showcase the benefits of design thinking: an empathetic, inventive and iterative process focused on the human experience within interior spaces.
The Value of Design Awards take into consideration the design process including framing (and re-framing) of the design challenge, the research used to identify deep-seated human needs and business drivers, the inspiration for the resultant design direction, and the steps for implementation towards a realized solution. To be recognized the solution must address a business and/or human challenge and demonstrate how the design provides a benefit to the client’s organization or to the people experiencing the designed space.
- To demonstrate the value inherent in design for the client
- To illustrate the positive impact of design on the users of the spaces
- To collect and publish evidence-based case studies to support the above two goals
- To provide a national platform for Canadian interior design projects within Canada and around the
- Submitted projects must have one or more IDC member(s) as the lead designer(s)
- All categories are open to IDC Members
- IDC Student members may only enter Innovation in Design Thinking category. Winners will be selected
by an independent panel of judges
Each submission will include:
- Brief on the project including the original client brief (if possible); approach to understanding human
reframing; and how the resultant design was inspired by the design thinking process.
- Client statement(s) and/or evidence following the completion of the strategic initiative or completed
project that demonstrates the value of the design thinking process (quantitative or qualitative).
- Minimum of four (4) to a maximum of (6) high-resolution photos/images/schematic models.
VODA seeks to demonstrate the positive human and business impact of design thinking for the people and companies who hire a professional interior designer.
More information about the IDC’s VODA program is available here.