March 23, 2016
100 Sparks Street, Ottawa
The National Capital Commission (NCC) invites you to attend a public workshop on the draft plan for the proposed Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway waterfront linear park.
The purpose of this third public workshop is to seek the public’s input on the updated draft concept for the overall park, as well as the more detailed draft concept for the section of the park between Westboro Beach and the proposed Cleary light rail transit station. Some of the key ideas that will be presented include the following:
- Creation of better connectivity from local neighbourhoods to the shore with three new, at-grade signalized crossings
- Development of three to six animation nodes at strategic sites to provide a variety of amenities for park users
- Ecological restoration of the shore habitat
- Proposal to better highlight the aquatic habitat with the construction of a boardwalk
- Opportunity to comment on two parkway alignment options to facilitate mobility for all transportation modes and provide more park space on the river
The format of the event is a roaming workshop. Each segment of the waterfront linear park will be presented at a station, and participants will be free to visit the various stations and fill out a questionnaire.
Participate in person:
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Capital Urbanism Lab
100 Sparks Street, 4th Floor
BOOK EARLY, limited space.
Registration is first-come, first-served, and closes at noon on Tuesday, March 22.
Universally accessible. Please let us know if you have any special needs.
Fill out the online questionnaire, available from March 23 (4 pm) to April 13 (midnight), 2016.
Visit the event web page for more information.
Visit event's website