On November 10, the Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) will open its gallery doors to the public for a reception and moderated panel discussion about green building Passive House technology. The panel assembles a range of perspectives from the architectural community. Moderator and AIBC Practice Advisor Maura Gatensby Architect AIBC MRAIC CP will raise several points for discussion with expert panelists:
- Sean Pander, Manager, Green Building Programs, City of Vancouver;
- Scott Kennedy, Board Chair, Passive House Canada;
- Allison Holden-Pope Architect AIBC LEED AP BD+C, Principal, One SEED Architecture + Design Inc.;
- Lucio Picciano Architect AIBC LEED AP HPO, Principal, DLP Architecture Inc.; and
- Paul Lilley, Principal and General Manager, Kingdom Builders.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for a catered reception and the panel discussion will run from 6–7 p.m. This event can be used to earn one core learning unit.
Coinciding with International Passive House Days, the Architecture Centre Gallery will host the Art and Science of the High Performance Passive House exhibit, November 1-30. The exhibit will highlight Passive House design potential and livability. Open to the public during regular Architecture Centre Gallery hours (Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.), the exhibit will also be viewable on Saturday, November 12 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Self-guided passive house tours will be available to the public on this day.