November 10, 2016
900 - 10707 100 Ave. Edmonton, AB T5J 3M1
This session is approved for 1 Structured professional development hour with the Alberta Association of Architects. This is a free event with limited registration (18 maximum).
This session will offer attendees an overview of the following information:
- A brief history of North American Lumber Grading System
- Describe the NLGA (National Lumber Grading Authority)
- The role of regulatory agencies CLSAB/ALSC/AFPA’s Quality Control
- Understanding the NLCA grading rules (#2 grade allowance, Appearance Grades, MSR lumber)
- Lumber Grading and Education
- Update on the Mountain Pine Beetle
This lunch and learn session will explain the grading system and educate attendees what the grade rules allow. This presentation is led by Norm Dupuis, Director of Grade Bureau, AFPA (Alberta Forest Products Association).
Visit event's website