May 18, 2016
Glenbow Museum, Calgary
Let’s talk about…Neighbourhoods
A panel discussion about our city’s urban design in the suburbs.
When: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 – 6:30pm / Doors open at 6:00pm
Where: The Glenbow Museum, 130 – 9th Avenue SE, Calgary, Main Level
Tickets: Adults $12/Students $5 available in advance at www.dtalks.org
Tickets $15 available at the door
We think it’s time to explore the design of the suburb with more depth. From urban design to shelter we hope to identify positive design features as well as the aspects that could be renewed. What is the role of transit, infrastructure and shared space in the future suburb?
Join the conversation with panelists:
- June Williamson / Spitzer School of Architecture, City College of New York / CUNY
- Susanne Schindler / Buell Center for the Study of American Architecture, Columbia University
- Jamal Ramjohn / The City of Calgary
- Jyoti Gondek / Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies, University of Calgary
- Grace Lui / Brookfield Residential
- Moderated by: Jim Brown / CBC
Started in 2013, Design Talks Institute is a grassroots non-profit organization dedicated to fostering collaboration and conversation about design and the built environment in Calgary. d.talks aims to broaden public awareness of the connection between thoughtful design and better quality of urban life.
Visit event's website