Ecclesiastical Insurance Cornerstone Awards announced
The National Trust for Canada and Ecclesiastical Insurance congratulate this year’s recipients of the Ecclesiastical Insurance Cornerstone Awards for Building Heritage. Created to celebrate excellence in the regeneration of heritage buildings and sites in Canada, the awards bring national attention to exemplary commercial and institutional projects, and recognize the people who have helped make them happen.
The recipients were selected by an independent jury from a strong list of candidates.
Eight outstanding projects were selected:
- Congregation Emanu-El, Victoria, BC
- The London Roundhouse, London, ON
- Market Street Development, Toronto, ON
- Trinity St. Paul’s United Church, Toronto, ON
- Sir John A. Macdonald Building, Ottawa, ON
- New Learning Centre – Building 94, Central Experimental Farm, ON
- Cycloroute de Bellechasse, Regional Municipality of Bellechasse, QC
- Montreal’s School of Catering and Tourism, Montreal, QC
Learn more about the 2015 National Trust’s Ecclesiastical Insurance Cornerstone Award recipients.
Recipients’ accomplishments were fêted at an awards ceremony and reception which took place in Calgary, Alberta, on October 23, 2015 at the Petroleum Club. Kevin Webster, Regional Vice President of Ecclesiastical Insurance’s western office, co-presented the awards with Her Honour, the Hon. Lois Mitchell, Lieutenant Governor of Alberta.
The awards ceremony was part of the National Trust’s Heritage Energized Conference, which took place from October 22 – 24.