May 30, 2016
by Canadian Architect
Photo courtesy of Lima Art Museum.
The Lima Art Museum (MALI) has announced the launch of an open competition for the design of its new contemporary art wing.
The project will include a library, gallery spaces, classrooms, workshops, a café, a public plaza, access to a future metro station and a landscape proposal for the park where the museum is located.
The goal is to establish the MALI as a new civic and cultural platform in the city, as well as a referent for future competitions regarding the design of public spaces in Lima.
- Prerequisites: Established architect who can demonstrate, through previous projects, the capacity to take on a project of this scale.
- Program Area: 6,000m2 (not including public plaza and landscape proposal)
- Prizes: Three unranked finalists, 10,000 USD each
- Competition Launch: May 2, 2016
- Registration Deadline: June 3, 2016
- Competition Deadline: June 30, 2016
- Winner Announced: July 11, 2016
For more information, click here.