CIGI Campus by KPMB Architects receives RIBA International Award
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) announced that the Centre for International Governance Innovation Campus (CIGI Campus) in Waterloo, Ontario, designed by Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects is a recipient of the prestigious International Award for Architecture. CIGI Campus is one of 12 projects selected from around the world. This is KPMB’s second RIBA International Award and is the only Canadian firm to win in 2012.
The RIBA International Awards are presented to architecture practices based outside the UK building anywhere outside the UK; or for practices based in Britain and working outside the EU. All winners are eligible for the RIBA Lubetkin Prize awarded to the best international building by an RIBA member. The winner of the RIBA Lubetkin Prize will be announced later in the year.
The full list of 12 RIBA International Award winners for 2012 is as follows:
* Clayton Campus – Monash University, Melbourne, Australia – VN Architecture
* Balsillie School of International Affairs, CIGI Campus, Canada – Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects
* Guangzhou International Finance Centre, Guangzhou, China – Wilkinson Eyre Architects
* Innhouse hotel Kunming, China – Integer Intelligent and Green
* Yotsuya Tenera, Tokyo, Japan – Key Operation Inc / Architects
* One KL, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – SCDA Architects
* The Troika, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Foster + Partners
* Auckland Art Gallery – Toi o Tamaki, Auckland, New Zealand FJMT + Archimedia – architects in association
* Solaris Fusionopolis 2B, One North, Singapore – TR Hamzah and Yeang
* Urban housing and crèche, Geneva, Switzerland – Sergison Bates Architects with Jean-Paul Jaccaud Architectes
* Frick Chemistry Laboratory, Princeton University, USA – Hopkins Architects
* Sperone Westwater, Bowery, New York City – Foster + Partners
The Architects’ Journal is the media partner for the RIBA Awards and trade media partner for the RIBA Award Stirling Prize.
For more information on the RIBA International Awards, please visit www.architecture.com/Awards/RIBAInternationalAwards/2012/Internationalwinners.aspx.