Last chance to enter! Canadian Architect and Twenty + Change : Open Call for Emerging Practices
If you're a young Canadian designer with an innovative practice, we want to hear from you.
Twenty + Change is a non-profit organization established to encourage the exchange of ideas, and to expose and disseminate the work of a new generation of Canadian architects and designers.
The fifth iteration of Twenty + Change is a collaboration with Canadian Architect magazine and their biennial Emerging Talent issue, featuring emerging Canadian architects who are pushing boundaries: by engaging the public realm in meaningful ways, investigating new ideas regarding typology, program or site, innovating in sustainability or material affect, or engaging in new models of practice. Twenty + Change : Emerging Talent will feature practices that are setting a new agenda for innovation and excellence through their built or speculative work.
Call for Emerging Practices
Canadian architecture practices are invited to submit projects for consideration for inclusion in the Twenty + Change : Emerging Talent August 2021 issue of Canadian Architect magazine. Projects of all types, either theoretical or built and executed in any medium, are welcome.
There is a suggested entry fee of $50 for each practice submitting their work for consideration.
For more information about past exhibitions and special issues, please see www.twentyandchange.org, CA July 2016 and CA July 2017
The deadline for submissions has been extended to 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, April 22, 2021. Questions should be sent to [email protected] no later than Monday, April 19th.
To enter and for additional information, please use this online form : submit.twentyandchange.org
- Projects must be submitted by Canadian practices or individuals, currently based in Canada.
- Entrants must have been established within the last 10 years (ie. 2011 or later).
- Entries should be the work of architects and designers whose emerging practices are their main focus, rather than work done while in the full-time employment of another firm.
- Entrants must have completed at least one built project under their name, regardless of scale, or have a project currently under construction. No student work will be considered.
- Practitioner-academics are welcome to apply, but we ask that they focus their submission on their own design work (rather than coursework completed by students).
- Projects submitted may be of any scale, new construction or renovation, and built or unbuilt. There is no restriction on where submitted projects – speculative or built – are located.
- Practices or individuals who have been featured in any previous version of Twenty + Change’s exhibitions (01, 02, 03 and Next Generation) or in Canadian Architect’s Emerging Talent special issues (July 2016 and July 2017) will not be considered.