Call for presenters for the 2009 Festival of Architecture and Forum
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC), the Ordre des architectes du Québec (OAQ) and the Association des architectes en pratique privée du Québec (AAPPQ) are jointly organizing the 2009 Festival of Architecture and Forum taking place from June 17 to 20, 2009 at the Hilton Bonaventure in Montreal, Quebec.
This Festival and Forum is designed to provide architects from across Canada with top-notch continuing education sessions, both core and self-directed. The RAIC, OAQ and AAPPQ invite proposals for the presentation of professional development sessions to architects during the annual Festival of Architecture and Forum. This will be a three-day opportunity to engage in professional development and to network with others interested in the multifaceted world of architecture.
The educational streams are as follows:
• Project Management
• Building Technology
• Architectural Culture
• Practice of Architecture and Business Management
• Planning and Design
• Legal Issues and Legislation
The OAQ/AAPPQ/RAIC Conference Planning Committee will review and evaluate all sessions using the following criteria:
• Completeness and accuracy of application.
• Relevance to the conference theme “Vision and Commitment.”
• Compensation or honorarium requested.
• Previous experience in presenting to architects.
• Style of presentation (the objective is to provide attendees with a variety of session formats).
• Length of time requested for presentation and schedule availability. Space is limited. Sessions are either 1.5 hours or 3 hours in length. Please indicate your preference on the application
• Language of presentation. Organizers are committed to offering 40% of the presentations in French and 60% in English.
Proposals must be received by December 11, 2008, and electronic submissions are preferred – please send to: [email protected]
For more information, please visit www.raic.org/resources_archives/newsletters_bulletins/2008/october/call-for-presenters_e.pdf.