Call for Papers: SSAC 2023 Annual Conference
The Society for the Study of Architecture in Canada is now accepting paper proposals for its 48th annual conference, to be held in Calgary from May 31 to June 3, 2023.
Researchers, professionals, and students from any discipline whose work relates to the built environment in Canada are invited to submit an abstract under the “Cast in Place” theme.
This year, the conference will feature an opening reception evening on Wednesday, paper sessions on Thursday and Friday, tours, a coach excursion on Saturday, and a concluding banquet.
Session descriptions can be found at the links below.
- Social Justice and the Built Environment
- Cast in (an undesirable) place: socio-spatial inequalities in the built environment
- Queering Canada’s Built Environment: Breaking the Mold
- Heritage in Architectural Education
- Wellbeing in Architecture/the Architecture of Wellbeing
- Churches and Communities
- Concrete Communities: From Apartment Neighbourhoods to Condo Construction
- Conservation of Early-20th-Century Reinforced Concrete
- Cast in Place… and then what? Post-WWII Concrete, Conservation and Creative Heritage Approaches
- Terra Cotta and Cast Decoration in Early-20th-Century Canadian Architecture
- Current Research
Submissions must include a number and title of the session your proposal addresses, an abstract of not more than 250 words, and a one-page CV.
Please send submissions to [email protected] no later than March 5, 2023.