Call for Papers: SSAC 2022 Annual Conference
The Society for the Study of Architecture in Canada is now accepting paper proposals for its 47th annual conference.
The Society for the Study of Architecture in Canada is now accepting paper proposals for its 47th annual conference. The organization is seeking papers for the following sessions:
- Dis-placements: Spatial Stories of Migration
- Spaces for women then and now
- Religious architecture: new questions / new approaches
- Queering Canada’s Built Environment
- Industrialization in the field of building in Canada between 1850 and 1930
- Designing for accessibility
- Heritage for Whom? Conserving Community Spaces
- Globalizing Architectural Scholarship
- Citizens, history, and heritage
- Research by design: a tool of innovation in city making
- Rethinking major urban public parks
- Strategies for Urban Revival and Renewal in Canadian Cities and Towns
- Seeing, hearing, experiencing, tasting architecture…
- Current Research
Researchers, professionals and students from any discipline whose work relates to the built environment in Canada can submit a proposal by sending an abstract of not more than 250 words, accompanied by a one-page CV, to [email protected]
Paper proposals will be assessed by a scientific committee including session chairs and members of the Society. Depending on available funds, financial support for the travel expenses of students may be provided following the conference.
Submissions are due no later than March 7, 2022. Further details can be found in the Call for Papers.