Call for nominations for Chancellor, RAIC College of Fellows
Members of the College of Fellows are hereby invited to submit a nomination for the position of Chancellor of the College of Fellows. The Chancellor shall be elected by Fellows from the list of nominations. The election shall take place in the last year of the office of the current Chancellor and adopted at the Annual General Meeting.
The result of the election will be subject to ratification by the Board. The Chancellor of the College of Fellows is a voting member of the Board of the Institute.
Duties of the Chancellor are as follows:
* Attend meetings of the Board of Directors and fully participate in the Board’s strategic planning, policy development and monitoring and evaluation work
* The Chancellor shall act as presiding officer at the Convocation of Fellows and at the meetings of the Officers of the College of Fellows.
* The Chancellor shall perform all of the duties incidental to the office, those required by the Rules and Regulations of the College of Fellows, and those delegated to the office by the Officers of the College of Fellows.
* The Chancellor shall report on a regular basis to all members of the College.
* The Chancellor shall serve a three year term, commencing following the Annual General Meeting of the College of Fellows on May 26, 2011.
Please note the following conditions:
* Only RAIC Fellows in good standing are eligible to nominate and be nominated;
* Each candidate is required to be nominated by five (5) Fellows in good standing;
* In the interest of fair play, current Officers of the College and other National Committee members and members of the Board of Directors of the RAIC shall not nominate or otherwise publicly support a candidate.
The completed nomination form, accompanied by a 200-word statement from the candidate, outlining briefly the candidate’s background and vision on meeting the challenge of leading the College, should be mailed, delivered or faxed to the RAIC National Office (see below) to be received by March 25, 2011.
An election ballot will be mailed to each Fellow, including a list of the names of all candidates, a copy of each candidate’s statement and the names of the Fellows nominating each candidate.
The newly elected Chancellor’s first Board meeting will be in the fall of 2011.
For more information, please visit www.raic.org/notices/fellows/2011/callfornominations_e.pdf