August 3, 2011
by Canadian Architect
For the competition’s seventh edition, KRUPS invites Canadians to vote online for who they believe is their hometown’s best independent café amongst past winners of the KRUPS Kup of Excellence in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax.
For the past six years, cafés across the country were voted into semi-finals by coffee lovers and then judged by a distinguished panel according to several criteria, including quality of the espresso, atmosphere of the café, service, etc. The following participating cafés scored the highest marks and were crowned winners of past KRUPS Kup of Excellence for brewing a superior tasting espresso and overall experience.
Stepping this friendly competition up a notch for its seventh year, KRUPS asks voters to decide which of the winning cafés is the cream of the crema by voting for their personal favourite at www.vote.krups.ca. The public voting has already begun, and ends on September 14, 2011.
The choices for each city are as follows:
* Bump N Grind, 916 Commercial Drive
* Thomas Haas, 128-998 Harbourside Drive
* Caffè Artigiano, 1101 W. Pender
* Bumpy’s Café, 1040 8th Street SW
* deVille Luxury Coffee & Pastries, 214-100 7th Avenue SW
* Café Java Mythe, 301 rue Guizot Est
* Toi, Moi & Café, 244 rue Laurier Ouest
* Café Vasco Da Gama, 1472 rue Peel
* Te Aro Roasted, 983 Queen Street East
* Crema Coffee, 3079 Dundas Street West
* Dark Horse Espresso Bar, 682 Queen Street East
* B Espresso Bar, 111 Queen Street East
* Java Blend Coffee Roasters has consistently won all previous KRUPS Kup of Excellence competitions for Halifax.
Everyone who votes at www.vote.krups.ca has a chance to win the XP2240 Combination Espresso-Cappuccino & Coffee Machine and GVX2 Expert Burr Grinder by KRUPS.
KRUPS created this prestigious award to highlight its commitment to excellence in espresso and coffee. The KRUPS Kup of Excellence recognizes the dedication of independent cafés offering quality espresso in a unique environment that celebrates Canada’s passion for skillfully prepared coffee.
KRUPS products offer 160 years of German-engineered precision, passionate commitment and innovative style. Today, its heritage of flawless performance and unparalleled elegance carries on with the Silver Art collection. For more details, see www.krups.ca.
To vote, please visit www.vote.krups.ca.
krups XP2240 espresso machine