July 23, 2018
by Canadian Architect
Alongside an ongoing call for submissions, the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) is also now soliciting a “call for tours,” inviting proposals for possible inclusion in the 2019 OAA Conference program. We are looking for unique & informative tours that will engage and educate the audience. Conference tours can be architectural or recreational in nature. The goals of the program are to show attendees what the Conference host city has to offer in terms of new architectural projects, heritage projects and exciting attractions and or excursion activities. Architectural tours also provide Continuing Education Opportunities for the membership.
Call for Tours. Image via OAA.
All tours submitted will be reviewed by the Conference Committee for approval and may be grouped together with other similar projects. Pre-packaged tour proposals may have individual elements selected for tours, but may not be accepted in their entirety. If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward Proposals to Jennifer Yung, Moore Carlyle Consulting by September 21, 2018.
- Tours will be held in two time slots within the Conference program: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm and 2:00 – 5:30 pm
- Tours are expected to be 1.5 – 2 hours in duration
- Due to schedule limitations, we will not be able to consider project locations that have a one-way travel time greater than 45 minutes from the Convention Centre, 1000 Boulevard René-Lévesque E, Québec, QC
- Architectural Tours may include buildings: (commercial & residential), neighbourhoods, community projects, and any other built spaces.
- Recreational Tours can include buildings, neighbourhoods, attractions, parks, boat, bike & bus rides, excursions.
General information about the 2019 OAA Conference in Quebec City is available here, along with a more detailed overview of tour requirements, as well as benefits for prospective tour leaders.