September 25, 2018
by Canadian Architect
Are you interested in presenting at the 2019 OAA Annual Conference? The Ontario Association of Architects invites individuals and organizations to review the Guidelines and Terms of Presenting and submit a brief outline for consideration. The submissions deadline for applications to present at next year’s OAA Annual Conference is October 1st.
The OAA Annual Conference comes to Quebec City next year. Photo by Martin St-Amant via Wikimedia Commons.
The OAA Annual Conference is a three-day interdisciplinary forum bringing together Ontario architects, interns, students, engineers, interior designers and other allied professionals. The event includes continuing education seminars, workshops, panel presentations, architectural tours and social events.
Next year’s event will be held at the Québec City Convention Centre and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac from May 22 to 24. The theme of the 2019 OAA Annual Conference is “Empowering Change:”
At its core, architecture is about solving problems. From climate change to housing affordability to social cohesion, architects are catalysts for transformation, leading change from where we are today to where we need to be tomorrow.
If you are interested in presenting at this conference, please read the Guidelines and Terms of Presenting before proceeding to the submission form.
OAA Annual Conference Attendance
2018 Toronto — 1500
2017 Ottawa — 1200
2016 Toronto — 1900
2015 Hamilton — 1300
- Leaders in architecture and design
- Emerging talents in architecture
- Students entering the field
- Built environment enthusiasts
- Allied professionals
Areas of Interest
- Architectural design
- Environment and energy
- Heritage buildings restoration
- Sustainable design and green architecture
- Practice management, project management and risk management
- Building codes (Ontario Building Code and National Building Code)
- Legal issues and legislation related to architectural practice and the construction industry
A copy of the online application form for presenters is available via the OAA website, linked here.