September 16, 2010
by Canadian Architect
The Design Exchange Awards (DXA) promote Canadian design excellence and recognizes the critical role of design in all types of organizations including commercial entities (large and small businesses), not-for-profit organizations, and the public sector. The Awards celebrate the success stories achieved through close partnerships between clients and designers. The DXAs are Canada’s only award program to judge design by results – balancing function, aesthetics, and economic success.
These Awards are designed to:
• expand national understanding of design as an essential resource
• demonstrate that investment in design impacts overall business success
• celebrate effectiveness in all design disciplines
• highlight the critical role of design in enhancing quality of life
• reinforce the value of strong client/designer partnerships
• promote the critical role of design in sustainability
A jury of leading business executives, designers and community leaders will select a Gold, Silver, Bronze and two Honourable Mentions in each of the 12 categories, including architecture, engineering, fashion, graphic design, industrial design, interior design, landscape architecture and urban design.
The final submission deadline is September 30, 2010, and the awards ceremony will be held on November 23, 2010.
For more detailed information, please visit www.dx.org/dxa/.