November 14, 2016
by Canadian Architect
Canadian Architect & Building
iQ Business Media Inc.
Toronto, Ontario (Don Mills/York Mills area)
iQ Business Media has an opportunity for a dynamic, achievement-driven individual for the position of Publisher for Canadian Architect and Building magazines. This key role will be responsible for guiding the overall strategic evolution of these two publications, including their various digital assets and events. This position reports directly to the President.
Published since 1955, Canadian Architect is Canada’s premier architectural magazine showcasing Canadian architects and their work in the country and around the world.
Building magazine provides essential building development information to key stakeholders in Canada’s national property development sector since 1952.
- Developing and executing business plans/budgets;
- Leading the team toward meeting and exceeding business plan objectives, while aggressively managing a sales territory and meeting or exceeding personal plan objectives;
- Creating and leveraging ancillary income opportunities, including research, contract publishing projects and digital;
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with all new and existing clients through unsurpassed service and sales efforts;
- Building and maintaining relationships with key industry associations;
- Leading and supporting all marketing and promotional efforts;
- Representing both magazines at industry events and conferences.
- Minimum 10 years experience leading a publishing and sales team.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful publishing track record, combined with a relevant college/university-level diploma or degree (i.e. Business or Marketing).
- Understanding of/exposure to the Built Environment sector is an asset;
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team-building and sales management skills;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and achieve short and long-term objectives in a demanding, deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities;
- Sound marketing and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and deliver effective advertising solutions in a competitive market;
- Proficiency with basic software/contact management programs;
- Willingness to travel; must possess valid passport, driver’s license and vehicle.
Interested candidates should forward resume and cover letter without delay, and not later than November 18, 2016 to:
Alex Papanou, President
iQ Business Media Inc.