January 4, 2013
by Canadian Architect
The Society for the Study of Architecture in Canada invites you to submit a proposal for a paper to be presented at the annual conference which will take place in Edmonton from May 29 to June 1, 2013. Eight sessions are proposed:
* Cities Transformed: Adaptive Reuse and the Urban Fabric
* Architectures of Renewal: On the “New” First Nation Architecture of Canada
* The Role of Government Programs in the Conservation and Commemoration of the Built Environment
* Churches at the Heart of the Community
* Toward Positive Social Engagement: Can Architecture (Still) Have an Impact?
* Canada’s Master Architect: Arthur Erickson and the Public Realm
* Teaching Architectural or Design History in Canada
* Current Research
Proposals may be in French or English and should include: your paper’s title, which session it relates to, an abstract describing it (maximum 200 words), a description of your audio-visual requirements, and your CV (maximum 1 page).
The deadline for proposals is January 31, 2013. Please send your proposals to both Dorothy Field, 2013 Conference Committee at email@example.com and Peter Coffman, President, SSAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presenters are required to be members in good standing of the SSAC at the time of the conference.
For more information, please visit www.canada-architecture.org/conference.aspx.
society for the study of architecture in canada