September 18, 2013
by Canadian Architect
Architecture Canada | RAIC and the Manitobal Association of Architects (MAA) invite proposals for the presentation of professional development sessions during the Festival of Architecture to be held May 28-31, 2014 in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The 2014 MAA | RAIC Festival of Architecture will be a celebration of the past, present and future of architecture within the prairie landscape. There is a lot to be festive about with 2014 also marking the 100th anniversary of the MAA. This centenary has us all reflecting on the foundations of our community, our current period of revitalization, and boldly looking forward at how we will shape our future with this year’s Festival theme The Next Century | Go Flat Out.
The Festival intends to provide architects with thematically relevant and inspiring continuing education sessions. This will be a four-day opportunity to engage in professional development and to network with others interested in the multifaceted world of architecture. Learning activities should clearly outline a minimum of four learning objectives that provide an advanced level of knowledge relevant to the practice or business of architecture focused on at least one of the following subject areas:
• Legal Issues and Legislation related to Architectural Practice and the Construction Industry
• Building Technology
• Planning and Design
• Practice of Architecture and Business Management
• Project Management (including Alternative Delivery Methods)
• Environment and Energy
• Architectural Culture
• Sustainable Design/Green Architecture
The MAA | RAIC Festival Continuing Education Program Committee will review and evaluate all sessions using the following criteria:
• Clarity, currency and relevance to the profession of architecture
• Relevance to the Festival theme “The Next Century | Go Flat Out”
• Clear outline of four learning objectives
• Completeness and accuracy of application
• Previous experience in presenting to architects
• Compensation or honorarium requested
• Length of time requested for session and schedule availability. Sessions are 1 hour, 1.5 hours and 3 hours. Please indicate your preference on the application.
Proposals must be received by October 31, 2013, and should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com.
For full details, please visit www.raic.org/raic/festival/2014/2014-call-for-presenters_e.pdf.