November 28, 2009
by Canadian Architect
The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) has announced the 2010 Awards call for entries. Award recipients receive featured coverage in Landscape Architecture and Garden Design magazines and in many other design and construction industry and general-interest media. Award recipients, their clients and advisers will be honoured at the awards presentation ceremony during the ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO in Washington, DC, September 10-13, 2010. The award-winning projects will be featured in a video presentation at the ceremony and on the awards website following the event. For more information, please visit www.asla.org/2010awards/rules_entries/.
The prestige of the ASLA awards program relies on the high-calibre juries that are convened each year to review submissions. Members of the Professional Awards jury convening in March 2010 include:
* Mario Nievera, ASLA, Mario Nievera Design Inc., Palm Beach, Florida, and New York City jury chair
* José Almiñana, ASLA, Andropogon Associates, Philadelphia
* Herbert Dreiseitl, International ASLA, Atelier Dreiseitl, Überlingen, Germany
* Elizabeth Mossop, ASLA, Louisiana State University and Spakman, Mossop + Michaels, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
* Shannon Nichol, ASLA, Gustafson Guthrie Nichol Ltd, Seattle
* Doug Reed, FASLA, Reed Hilderbrand Associates Inc., Watertown, Massachusetts
* John Reynolds, FASLA, National Park Service Retired, Crozet, Virginia
* Katie Tamony, Editor-in-Chief, Sunset Magazine, Menlo Park, California
* David J. Yocca, ASLA, Conservation Design Forum, Elmhurst, Illinois, and Ann Arbor, Michigan
* Bill Marken, Honourary ASLA, representing Garden Design, will join the jury for selection in Residential Design
William H. Tishler, FASLA, representing the National Trust for Historic Preservation, will join the jury for selection of the Landmark Award.
Members of the Student Awards jury convening in June 2010 include:
* Mark Rios, FASLA, Rios Clementi Hale Studios, Los Angeles, jury chair
* Patrick Caughey, FASLA, Wimmer Yamada and Caughey, San Diego
* George W. Curry, FASLA, State University of New York, Syracuse, New York
* Tom Leader, ASLA, Tom Leader Studio, Berkeley, California
* Scott Mehaffey, FASLA, Office of the Mayor, Chicago
* Janet Rosenberg, ASLA, Janet Rosenberg and Associates Inc., Toronto
* Stephen Stimson, FASLA, Stephen Stimson Associates, Falmouth, Massachusetts
* Christine Ten Eyck, FASLA, Ten Eyck Landscape Architects Inc., Austin, Texas
* Michael Vergason, FASLA, Michael Vergason Landscape Architects Ltd., Alexandria, Virginia.
The ASLA Professional Awards program features six categories: General Design; Residential Design; Analysis and Planning; Research; Communications; and the Landmark Award. The Student Awards program also features the Student Community Service Award and Student Collaboration categories.
Entry forms and payment must be received by Friday, February 12, 2010, for the Professional Awards, and by Friday, May 14, 2010, for the Student Awards.
Submission binders must be received by Friday, February 26, 2010, for the Professional Awards and by Friday, May 28, 2010, for the Student Awards.
For more information, please visit www.asla.org/2010awards/rules_entries/.