AIBC’s 2018 architectural walking tours kick off July 2
Through its walking tour program, the Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) offers stunning architectural perspectives of three Victoria and six Vancouver neighbourhoods. For locals and tourists alike these fun walking tours are a unique and engaging way to learn more about the architecture and history of the two cities.
Regularly scheduled tours run in the summer months. The AIBC considers requests to accommodate group tours at other times throughout the year, depending on tour guide availability. Please email your request to email@example.com or call 604.683.8588.
For CES participants please note that walking tours earn 1 Non-core LU per hour (Architect AIBC + Architectural Technologist AIBC).
Know before you go:
- Cost: $10/person. To guarantee your spot and to pay by credit card, book your tour online. Space permitting, cash-paying walk-ins are also accepted on the day of the tour. Tours are limited to 20 people.
- Tours start at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. per the schedule for each city.
- Ensure you arrive 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Tour starting points vary. Find out where to meet your guide in the tour descriptions for Vancouver and Victoria.
- Tours are approximately 1.5 to 2 hours long and include walking distances of up to 3 km (2 mi).
- Tours are wheelchair accessible.
- Tours are suitable for children who are able to walk the distance. A parent or guardian must accompany children.
- Washrooms are available for tour participants at the tour meeting points.
- Tours operate rain or shine. Check the weather and dress appropriately. Comfortable walking shoes recommended.